While clearing my emails one night, I saw a CozyCot EDM on Bio-Essence’s new whitening product, the Tanaka White Serum, which is touted to be four times more potent than their current Tanaka White range.
The EDM calls for willing participants to try out the 4-day challenge at Bio-Essence’s office in Defu Lane. The EDM links to Bio-Essence’s Facebook page with the huge ad plastered all across their Facebook wall page. With the ad, the terms are stated:
Be an Anti-Dark Fighter! Bio-essence is looking for 100 fighters to combat dark spots and whiten skin!
Experience the miracle of lightening pigmentation and whitening skin in just 4 days! Register now to receive a free Tanaka Whitening Kit worth $54.10 (includes a full-size Tanaka 4X Serum) to embark on your journey towards flawless radiant white skin. All participants will walk away with a Bio-essence goodie bag worth $60 at the end of the challenge.
Sign up for the challenge by calling 6283 3822! :)
Terms and Conditions :
– Selected participant agrees to participate in the 4 days trial by signing an Indemnity Form.
– Use Bio-essence serum as directed during the 4 Days period.
– Participants must be agreeable to not engage in outdoor activities that will expose their skin to sunlight during the 4-day trial.
– Participants must be agreeable not to use competitors’ whitening products during the 4 days trial.
– Skin analysis will be taken on the 1st and 4th day review period, at our office located at 29 Defu Lane 9, Singapore 539269.
– Participants are required to be present on the Challenge day, 12 May 2012.
– Photos will be taken throughout the period to monitor progress of the product efficacies.
– L.D. Waxson (S) Pte Ltd reserves the rights to use participant’s information and photograph in all communications and point-of-sales materials.
As a token of appreciation, Bio-essence will:
– Give Tanaka White Starter Kit worth $54.10 (includes Tanaka 4X Serum) at the start of the challenge.
– Give reimbursement of $30.00 transportation fee when you travel to our office during the stipulated days for skin analysis. Reimbursement can be claimed at the end of the second visit.
– Give a Bio-essence Hamper worth $60 at the end of the challenge day.
Given that I am currently taking a huge break from my previous job and with time to kill, I signed up.
I collected my mini sample on a Wednesday to apply for the next 4 days before I return back to their office for a second skin analyzer the following Monday.
The sample set consists of a full-sized Bio-Essence Tanaka White Serum, a sample size Tanaka Facial Wash, Tanaka Day moisturiser, Tanaka Night moisturiser and the Tanaka toner.
- Wash face with the Tanaka facial wash. Clean and pat dry.
- Apply the Toner.
- Followed by the power Serum.
- And finally the day/ night creams.
The staff, Vanessa, who did my skin analyzing says the Serum is potent and that users can really see the whitening effect. It not only whiten one’s complexion to a lighter shade but also lightens freckles and age spots considerably.
Heck, since its free, why not?
I am blogging this review as I just completed my first application. A total of 8 applications are needed to complete the challenge.
The magic is in the serum it seems.
The serum absorbs well into my skin. No sticky after feel so this makes it great for those who lives in non-air conditioned environment in Singapore’s humid weather. Vanessa advised that one application all over the face is suffice to whiten the complexion. For those who wants to lighten age spots or freckles, dab on a second application specifically on the spots itself.
I did just that as I have 3 tiny freckles showing up on my complexion from my otherwise poor irregular beauty regime.
I’m crossing my fingers that this really works and stand out from the rest of the many whitening products currently selling in the market. If all goes well, I’d be down for the Bio-Essence’s Tanaka White roadshow challenge at Bugis Junction on the 12 May 2012 (Saturday) from 2-4pm.
I’ll be blogging back again for the final review so watch this space!
UPDATE: 29 May 2012
The Bio-Essence roadshow was a success. The entire sample group of 100 ladies turned up to a full house. Each of us participants gets a card with our micro-analysed skin sample taken during the challenge period.
Some participants were ‘arrowed’ to participate in testimonials for print ads or TV advertorials. This campaign have no age restrictions as you can see from one of the auntie chosen for the advertorial.
And this is my testimonial card. Pardon the bad handwriting as I got to the event late and scribbled in my hurry with no hard backing.
A zoom-up of my micro-skin analysis below. This serum works if you use it regularly and observe good sun protection. It doesn’t quite lightens your skin if one is naturally tan but it does good to reverse darkened skin as a result of poor sun protection. The micro-skin analysis (on the same skin area of my right cheek) showed that small speckles of dark spot pigments lightened considerably that they appear almost disappeared.
Since the challenge gave me the full retail sized bottle of the serum, I am so gonna use this regularly till its finished to the last drop!
- My own little home experiment of trying out pure thanaka powder in a homemade mask vs Bio-essence’s Tanaka White Serum.